Subject: Re: Questions about 1.3
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/05/1997 18:05:14
mrg@eterna.com.au (matthew green) writes:

>this is incorrect.  the only magic thing about the b partition is that
>the system will use it as a place to dump a kernel core to if the a
>partition of the disk is the root file system.  this is suboptimal, yes.

Shouldn't the kernel test that the dump partition is of type "swap"?

Is this actually documented somewhere?  Glancing over the obvious (to me)
man pages I couldn't find this mentioned.

Ideally, I guess, the kernel should configure the first partition of type
"swap" on the root device as dump device.

--
Christoph Badura

Now available in print: Lion's Commentary on UNIX 6th Edition, with Source Code
			http://www.peer-to-peer.com/