Subject: spark kbd PR addendum
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/1997 11:30:12
I've made a new diff, at:
	ftp://ftp.duh.org/pub/NetBSD-hacks/sparc/kbdmsfb.diffs

This diff is for port-sparc kernel sources from Oct 1 or newer.  It should
NOT be applied with kbd.diffs as it includes that diff (somewhat cleaned
up).  It is relative to /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc.  It is UNTESTED, as I
cannot get to my sparc easily for 10 days if it panics, therefore I am
asking for testers to try it out.

This diff affects the following files:
	src/sys/arch/sparc/conf/GENERIC
	src/sys/arch/sparc/conf/files.sparc
	src/sys/arch/sparc/dev/cons.c
	src/sys/arch/sparc/dev/zs.c
	src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc/conf.c
	src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc/machdep.c

This new diff does the following:

- "pseudo-device kbd" may now be left out of the kernel.

- "pseudo-device mouse" is introduced, and may be left out of the kernel
  (note: with this patch applied, this option is required for mouse support)

- the fb.c frame buffer primitives are left out of the kernel automatically
  if no frame buffer device has been compiled in to attach to

These additions are in the interest of headless sparc machines that need
none of these three pieces of code.  Please try out the patch, yank whatever
newly configurable modules you can, and let me know your results!

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.