Subject: Re: Questions about 1.3
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/1997 11:18:53
> There is a somewhat hackish way around the "cripes, I'm out of
> partitions" problem... you could make a ccd out of a single component
> (one of your disks's "large" partitions), and then partition the ccd
> - you could theoretically nest this multiple times :-)

Could you?  The one time I tried to use some random space by
configuring two vnds on two files, then concatenating them with a ccd,
I got an instant panic.  This was with a kernel from code a month and a
half old, but even now, I wouldn't trust a ccd atop another ccd to not
do likewise...at least not until I'd beat on it for quite a while.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca