Subject: Re: problem with pppd 2.3.1?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1997 19:17:14
On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> I don't know what problem you're all seeing but on my SPARC running
> ppp-2.3.1 on Solaris 2.5.1, modem disconnects are no longer recognized and
> my SPARC blithely sends data to my modem. I thought it was a problem with
> the patches I loaded into the OS, but it sounds like it's ppp. Is that the
> problem everyone else is seeing?

Not really.  The problem I had was that pppd would fail to run my connect
script.  Instead, it immediately reported "connect script failed."

I went back to the previous pppd (built mid-week last week) and everything
works OK, so the problem is _very_ recent.

I've noticed several CVS commits in the last 36 hours, so maybe building
from today's or tomorrow's -current will work once again.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |