Subject: Re: CVS question
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@but-b.or.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1997 10:10:50
On 29 Sep 1997, enami tsugutomo wrote:

> Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu> writes:
>
> > With cvs rdiff, I get a deletion diff for every file which has been
> > zapped in the main tree.
>
> How do you take the diff?

I did cvs rdiff -u -r 1.1.1 sys

As I'd done an import of current that day & merged the differences, the
diffs were only the changes I'd made to the kernel (which I was
submitting).

I also picked up all the files I'd deleted. As they were all deleted from
the NetBSD source, I don't want a diff saying it's died (i.e. deleting the
file wasn't a change I was proposing to the tree).

For example, there was a file sys/arch/pmax/conf/NFSROOT which has been
deleted. As it was imported into the vendor branch at one point, it's
still in the vendor branch (version 1.1.1.1 I think).

As it's deleted, it's been put in the attic. The file is
sys/arch/pmax/conf/Attic/NFSROOT. Here's it's head:
head    1.2;
access;
symbols
        i970708:1.1.1.1
        NetBSD:1.1.1;
locks; strict;
comment @# @;

1.2
date    97.09.26.16.36.19;      author wrstuden;        state dead;
branches;
next    1.1;

1.1
date    97.07.09.02.35.10;      author wrstuden;        state Exp;
branches
        1.1.1.1;
next    ;

1.1.1.1
date    97.07.09.02.35.10;      author wrstuden;        state Exp;
branches;
next    ;

desc
@@

So I've got 1.2 as dead. How can I make a 1.1.1.2 as dead (would that
work?) Also, how, when deleting a file from my checked-out branch, can I
kill the vendor version too (can I do it all in one swoop)?