Subject: Re: bin/4167: WIBNI sh supported file/command/etc completion?
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1997 17:51:20
> I think job control is very useful, but I don't see any need for
> command line editing or filename completion in a minimal shell.  Don't
> people know how to type anymore?

I'm a very fast typist, and I still get a great deal of benefit out of
shell history recall, command line editing and filename completion.
I don't particularly care if it's in sh, since I don't use sh, but if
other people do use sh and do care, I think it's perfectly reasonable
to add it.   I don't understand this macho desire to prevent all
ease-of-use upgrades - if you want to be macho, use MS-DOS!   I mean,
who really *needs* multiprocessing?

			       _MelloN_