Subject: Re: proposal: NetBSD system buyer's directory
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1997 13:39:36
> From: Bill Studenmund
>
>>On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Andrew Brown wrote:
>>
>> i don't think the "please register" message should be automatically
>> removed, though.  how would rc "decide" when to remove it?
>
>I thought the register script would be the one to do the removal. You're
>right that rc can't. :-)

it might be better if the "register" script just mentioned to them
that they might want to do this.  the less things there are mucking
with other things, the better off everything is.  let them do it
themselves.  if it annoys them enough (when it's really quite benign),
they'll do it, believe me.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet