Subject: Re: PR bin/2932
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1997 09:10:31
I _think_ the original post was more along the lines of being able to
selectively disable _installing_ new versions of things.

For example, pgpsendmail is installed in place of the "real" sendmail, and
the real sendmail is renamed to something like sendmail.real.  But if I do
a make install in src/usr.sbin, it puts a new copy of sendmail on top of
pgpsendmail.  If I don't remember to fix things up and install a new copy
of pgpsendmail, I'm hosed...

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Phil Nelson wrote:

> >Perhaps we need a local configuration file for things of this nature.
> >I'm thinking that there must be other things that people like to
> >replace with other versions.  Something like:
> >
> >sendmail no
>
> I believe that this is already in place in /etc/rc.conf.
>
> Excerpt from a -current /etc/conf
>
> ># `NO' disables a toggle or a program with flags.
> ># `YES' enables a toggle.
> ># `DEFAULT' enables a program with the default flags (as listed).
> ># Any other string is used as a set of flags.
> >sendmail_flags=NO               # default: "-bd -q30m"
>

> --
> Phil Nelson                    NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
> e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu        LPF: http://www.lpf.org
> http://www.cs.wwu.edu/~phil    !gifs: http://www.lpf.org/Patents/Gif/Gif.html

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |