Subject: Re: proposal: NetBSD system buyer's directory
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1997 15:37:59
> On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Andrew Brown wrote:
> >
> > automagically is certainly not nice.  how about changing the default
> > /etc/motd (which currently just says "welcome to netbsd") to ask them
> > to do this?  and suggest that a nice form can be located in
> > /etc/foobar...?
>
> And have an option in there somewhere so root can make the message hush.
> :-)

And how about losing the "don't login as root, use su" message?
Obviously there are times you *have* to login as root, and this message
can be a bit confusing for new users.  Also, 'su -l' generates the
message also, which is silly.  Of course it is simple to remove the
message, but should it be there in the first place?

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.