Subject: Re: The bughunt is on!
To: None <tv@pobox.com>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1997 14:18:03
>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 13:31:05 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
>
>On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:
>: Please don't... I strongly encourage all interested parties in using Erik
>: Fair's PR database summary[*] to browse the list of non-closed PRs.
>: (Kudos to Erik for putting this together; it's a _very_ handy tool.)
>
>Tools don't work if no one uses them.  I browsed for a while, and oh, just
>how many idle PRs are out there with reasonable fixes... that number has got
>to be over 100.

You think the fixes are reasonable; the opinion of others may differ.
Also, this information is already easily accessible to all via
www.netbsd.org; reposting it to current-users is simply redundant and
a waste of time.

If you have a fix for an open PR that lacks one, post your fix to
netbsd-bugs.  Be sure to reference the PR number in your message.
If you CC the message to gnats-bugs@gnats.netbsd.org and set the
Subject: header to "Re: FOO" where FOO is the contents of the Subject:
header in the original PR as posted to current-users, then your
message should also be appended to the PR in the GNATS database.
(Note: I'm not entirely sure about that last bit, verify that your
first attempt works before trying any more.)

>Let's do the tests and commits, maybe?  My proposal was meant to stir
>action.  Working on PRs isn't our main problem... getting fixes into the
>tree is.

If you repost all those PRs it'll take me a lot more time to read
current-users, and that's time I can't spend fixing PRs.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel