Subject: Re: The bughunt is on!
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1997 13:31:05
On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:

: > I'm going to start reposting PR's that are in open, analyzed, or suspended
: > state, classes sw-bug or doc-bug (but not change-request or support) to
: > current-users, [...]
: >
: > Okay, who's game?
:
: Please don't... I strongly encourage all interested parties in using Erik
: Fair's PR database summary[*] to browse the list of non-closed PRs.
: (Kudos to Erik for putting this together; it's a _very_ handy tool.)

Tools don't work if no one uses them.  I browsed for a while, and oh, just
how many idle PRs are out there with reasonable fixes... that number has got
to be over 100.

: Posting the PRs for discussion/debate isn't likely to get anything useful
: accomplished; let's just do the work, instead!

Let's do the tests and commits, maybe?  My proposal was meant to stir
action.  Working on PRs isn't our main problem... getting fixes into the
tree is.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.