Subject: Re: The bughunt is on!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1997 13:28:09
Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm not core, so this is nothing official, but I'm going to help feed the
> bug hunting process before 1.3 gets released.

This is a laudable goal, but mind how aggressively you pursue this.  I'd
rather have the bugs there than have incorrect fixes go in just to make
1.3.  :-)

> I'm going to start reposting PR's that are in open, analyzed, or suspended
> state, classes sw-bug or doc-bug (but not change-request or support) to
> current-users, with my own captions of any other information I can scrounge
> to help get the bug swatted.

Ummm...  How about a summary by category with the PR # and short synopsis,
perhaps arranged by date--either all in one message or divided up into
several messages?  It would be a bit cumbersome to start reposting one
at a time, IMO.  Would you be willing to act as a coordinator to help
ensure that there's little or no duplicated effort?

> It's then up to core to incorporate any fixes before the 1.3 branch.

I think it should be up to a couple of developers, not to core--there's
enough on those shoulders.  ;-)

> Okay, who's game?

I'm game.

-allen