Subject: Re: recent spam attacks...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben <ben@cs.washington.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/1997 12:03:08

    Wailer> This is totally the wrong place for this discussion; but
    Wailer> I'm not so certain where the right place is. I presently
    Wailer> filter spam using blackhole routes (successful) and domain
    Wailer> filtering (of questionable value). I'd be very interested
    Wailer> in seeing a set of procmail rules to detect spam.

I, too, apologize in advance for using this mailing list to discuss
the spam coming from it. If there's a better place to have a meta-
discussion of the NetBSD lists themselves, I'd rather use that forum.

Right now we're letting the spammers bombard our lists and then (after
the Internet has already been burdened with the load of spilth), we're
making every subscriber run procmail.

Let's change the lists to only accept messages from people who have
actually bothered to subscribe. This would be much simpler than having
a moderator and should be just as effective.

Thanks.

Benjamin A. Wong
Philosophy / CSE
Univ. Washington

ObNetBSD: Does anybody know when the problem with the WD7000 driver
in -current is due to be fixed? (Yes, I'm willing to help if need be).