Subject: Re: More fsck problems?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/1997 02:52:38
On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Looks like fsck_ffs isn't setting the "clean" bit, so the kernel complains
> the next time.  Gack.

Ah, but the clean bit _is_ being set for /usr, just not for /.

I tried booting single user and fsck-ing /dev/rwd0a, and fsck asked "MARK
FILE SYSTEM CLEAN?" After I said yes, it says "FILE SYSTEM MARKED CLEAN".
So far so good... I try to fsck /dev/rwd0a again, and fsck says "File
system is clean; not checking". Still good. But when I "mount -u /", I get
the "file system not clean; please fsck(8)" message. Not good :(