Subject: Re: Summary: PC Card support for my two PC Cards?
To: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil.b.thomassen@eunet.no>
From: James Mitchell <jmitchel@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1997 10:06:31
On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

> Some time ago I said:
> >> - Xircom CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 33.6 (International version)
> >
> > I've not checked lately, but when I last looked there were no drivers
> > for any free OS (not even Linux) for Xircom cards because they refused
> > to give out information on how they worked.

I have been looking at PCMCIA support lately as I just got my own laptop.
While the Xircom Ethercard is not at the least supported by whatever stuff
the RedHat Linux distribution uses in its install setup, it is listed as a
supported card in the documents for the pcmcia-cs package for linux, and
there is an aparently apropriate module for it too, so the travails to
port to NetBSD are probably not quite so bad.

			James Mitchell