Subject: Re: kernel hang on boot/i386, atapi
To: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1997 09:38:20
On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 18:34:47 +0200
 Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:

 > [ I've finally got some time to took a this ]
 > When you says "ours" or "not ours", you mean that the driver was able to
 > say if his device delivered the interrupt or not ?
 > In wdc, I should always return 1 after wdc_ata_intr or wdc_atapi_intr (because
 > i know the driver was waiting an interrupt at this point) and -1 if the driver
 > didn't wait an interrupt. Rigth ?

It occurs to me that, if we know our controller caused the interrupt,
wdcintr() should always return 1.  Else it should possibly return 0.
I'm not sure of any drivers that actually return -1...

wdcintr() probably doesn't even need to care what wdc_ata_intr() and
wdc_atapi_intr() return.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935