Subject: en1207 network card not using BNC
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/16/1997 20:32:09
Folks,
        I have an Accton en1207 in my machine (i386) - this beastie
has 3 (count em folks, 3) network ports available 100BaseT, 10BaseT
and 10Base2.  I have configured up my kernel with the de network
device and the kernel happily finds the card, vis:

de0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0 at irq 12
de0: 21140 [10-100Mb/s] pass 1.1
de0: address 00:00:e8:14:99:53
de0: enabling 100baseTX port

and, true enough, the 100BaseTX port is enabled fine.  My problem
comes trying to use the 10Base2 port - if I try and select it using:

ifconfig de0 media bnc

then I get the following error:

ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured

Switching between 10BaseTX and 100BaseTX works fine (well, it did when
I divined the appropriate keywords to use because there is no de.4 man
page on my system....).

Do I need to do any kernel config magic to get the bnc probed?

I am using a current-ish -current (around August 2nd)

  What do you get when you cross a cantaloup with a dog?        Melancholy :-P