Subject: Re: Sound and fury
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1997 18:14:41
--==_Exmh_2072262720P

In message <199709132320.BAA17825@animal.cs.chalmers.se>you write:
> > am installing xanim and I can't get the sound to work correctly.  Any
> > help appreciated.
[..]
> What is your problem with xanim?  It worked last time I tested it.

I am running xanim27063, sound is good, but It looks like you can't set the
volume if you have a card without a mixer device (like my GUS).

Lennart, shouldn't there be a way to set the sound volume with audioctl?

And, while I'm at that, I can't set the record modes with audioctl (i.e. no
error but no difference too) and input sources with mixerctl.
This is because of:
zappa# mixerctl -a
mute=off
mute=off
mute=off
zappa#

This is with the kernel you sent me and -current as of yesterday binaries.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_2072262720P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNBwNb7A63tqjeAhZAQHFvgQAjansyQuLOl8r+eeDZAEcV1sY7YccGy8Q
y0P8qgQUm2kYDsfJCVIMfC8HKmBSTc/2Laz1pTibMruWyXF94WHGRA/9ZlYTyGM4
dqZiqdn6LfCyTKQozm0xrmzTs1aa2wdYp5IICINwc18nzHd05SCc2zqD67L8lU30
KP7EmhhmZg8=
=KDfc
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_2072262720P--