Subject: Re: kernel hang on boot/i386, atapi
To: None <mikel@shore.net>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1997 20:39:14

> >lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378-0x37b irq 7
> >sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq 7 drq 1 drq16 5: dsp v4.13
>
> Your parallel port and SB are sharing the same interrupt; this is Bad.
> Try disabling the parallel port (or at least its interrupt) and see if
> the problem Goes Away.

When you get to the point that you are ready to build your own kernels,
drop the IRQ entry from the printer.  The IRQ free (interruppttlessssss,
however THAT's spelled) version of the printer driver works great in the
majority of the cases.  Leave the sound card on IRQ7.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom