Subject: NFS Bug on Alpha Port?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/1997 14:33:07
Hi All,

For some time I've seen the following behaviour on an nfs-client
running the alpha-port of NetBSD-current (well, it's a month old
or so at the moment 1.2G). When the machine with the nfs-server is down
(a '486 same-age NetBSD, acting as gateway and file-server for
supped NetBSD-sources and such), a shutdown on the alpha results
in a panic. It reports something like:

Empty nfs-response error... Panic... If necessary, I can reproduce the
error and give  more accurate description of the text displayed.
I guess this situation will be rather rare and can generally be avoided,
but I thought I'd better report it here...

{ Feico Dillema,                                                        }
{ University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands }
{ Install NetBSD as first step in your MS-ware 12-step recovery program }