Subject: CVS question
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1997 13:26:04
Howdy!

I have sup & cvs scripts which sup the kernel source, and then import the
cnages to the local repository. When I go to merge these changes into my
checked out tree, I see some stuff which puzzles me:

I type:  cvs co -jNetBSD:yesterday -jNetBSD sys
and the checkout begins.

Some files (like sys/compat/linux/linux_file.c today) go by with a
U sys/compat/linux/linux_file.c
Ok. It updated that file.

Some files, though get rcs messages, like sys/conf/files:
M sys/conf/files
RCS file: /cvsroot/sys/conf/files,v
retrieving revision 1.1.1.7
retrieving revision 1.1.1.8
Merging differences between 1.1.1.7 and 1.1.1.8 into files

and then it's fine.

I'm just confused a little.

Maybe sys/conf/files was a bad choice as I might have changed my local
copy. But I've seen these messages with some files, and then I do a diff
between the checked-out file and the file in the sup tree, and they are
the same. ??

It's been a while since I actually checked stuff into my local tree. Could
that be part of the problem?

Take care,

Bill