Subject: Re: LAPTOP? WAS Re: PCMCIA and AIMS flash memory cards?
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1997 08:25:35
--==_Exmh_-1815821034P

In message <Pine.SGI.3.96.970904194430.788B-100000@irony.anim.dreamworks.com>yo
u write:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:
> > I haven't gotten around playing with Win* Emulators (I cannot devote it
> > entirely to NetBSD because of...)  Btw, does SUN's WABI-x86 work with NetBSD?
> >
> 	Thats what disk partitioning and boot loaders like OS-BS are for
> 	(I dual boot my old 486 laptop NetBSD / Windows)

I want a machine that I can open up and it instantly runs what I need to do my
work.  So, there is no way to achieve this with a dual boot setup.  I have no
problem with dualboot, I run OS/2/Win/NT on the same machine, but all OS/es
give me the same applications accessing the same data.  While I really want to
run NetBSD on these Notebooks, I will not do that before PCMCIA is in and I
can run at least Lotus's Organizer and ugly Excel on it.  Well, I someone
converts my sheets to StarOffice, then I might...

And, apart from that I had no luck so far in accessing _any_ DOS/FAT/NTFS
partition on disk on any of my machines...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_-1815821034P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNA+l3rA63tqjeAhZAQE9cAP/ZPv+rJpiRqHxNF64CTTQI7NiYCc4w9+A
yptGjmZss7bj3SInawIib0NY5yXZpZOy+dNLqFYlrO7+JbT9xqq2EY/vEHG5+nd4
ynaxN7d07QN+q8JpAr5kfnEv3Uwa4mPqVGVY2nGrdJm8y3WaAevLEoSM32VPfG6O
QcBZKyh1y4o=
=nOJf
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1815821034P--