Subject: Re: goals for 1.3?
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1997 01:46:16
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997 17:00:50 -0500 (CDT)
 Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com> wrote:

 > Since the "major chunk of new technology" branches (scsipi, etc) are
 > being merged at a pretty good clip now, and several of those things were
 > "to be in 1.3" features, I'm wondering what the remaining goals are for 1.3?
 >
 > I assume the pcmcia branch is one. Is nsswitch anothe? I don't remember
 > seeing any commits on that for a while.

Another bit on my list is fixing some rather annoying bugs in the way
MSS is handled in TCP.  (Don't worry; the bugs were inherited all the
way down the line from previous BSD releases - they're nothing new :-)

I have code that fixes these problems (well, I think it does :-).  It
runs fine for me on several systems.  However, if there are folks out there
who'd like to test it on their systems, please let me know.  I'm looking
for as much diversity in traffic patterns as possible, so don't be shy!

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935