Subject: Off topic: AIX q
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1997 23:30:17
Sorry for off topic mail, but this is one of handful mail groups I'm
in and one of two the best to ask for this particular thing.

Does AIX's cpp define some nice constant to recognize I'm compiling on
AIX ? ``#ifdef unix'' works for any other system I've tried, but it
fails miserably on AIX ;-( After I define symbol ``unix'' explicitly, all
my code compiles cleanly, the problem is just to find out if I have to do
so.

It claims it's ``AIX version 4'' if I telnet on it.

Thanks a lot for any help.

jd
--
Jaromir Dolecek              		UVT MU, Botanicka 68A, Brno, 60200
dolecek@ics.muni.cz			Tel.: +420-5-4151 2280