Subject: README: -current broken for a while
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/1997 18:33:06
After careful consideration, we (Core) have decided to back out revsions
containing the new "CGD license".

Unfortunately, this leaves some files in a state where the system will
not compile.  We will correct this problem as soon as possible.  (The
changes to the i386 port and PCI code were trivial, and will be
reimplemented first).

The alpha port, on the other hand, is in slightly less good shape.  It
will take much longer to fix the damage there.

We deeply regret any inconvenience this causes, and that this action
was necessary.  However, we also believe that this is in the best interest
of the project.

I think we (Core) have learned an important lesson, here, and ask that
you bear with us while we clean up from our mistakes.

Jason R. Thorpe                                         thorpej@NetBSD.ORG
NetBSD Core Group                                    Home: +1 408 866 1912
NetBSD/hp300 port-meister                            Work: +1 415 604 0935