Subject: Re: Licensing constraints...?????
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/28/1997 12:52:24
Thor, I don't believe I stated anything as fact, though you seem to
have read it as such.  I was merely stating possibilities that should
be researched.

	Here is something else to look into, though I must emphasize that I
am not a lawyer, and as such do not know for sure that this is true.  Perhaps
some information could be included within each CTM mailing, or at each
invocation of the CTM helper apps on the clients side, or at any time that
the user is going to see during CTM-stuff, that says something along the
lines of

	"All diffs within this mailing fall under the copyrights and
	 license restrictions of their respective original files.
	 Please observe those copyrights and licenses when using these
	 diffs."

	I agree that there is the possibility, however slight, that diffs
may not be protected under those copyrights implicitely -- would the above
statement or something related help with that?

	See Thor, though you don't know it, I'm really trying to help.

tls@rek.tjls.com wrote:
>Perhaps there should simply be a periodic posting pointing out that Phil is
>not a lawyer, and that there's no particular reason anyone should give any
>more weight to his legal advice than to that of Bozo the Clown.

	It is true that I am not a lawyer.  Thanks for pointing it out, I
forgot to include that disclaimer in my last note.  Though I must say that
I dislike the comparison to Bozo the Clown.  I'm much better looking in a
red nose and painted face.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Systems Administrator, Information Development for Extension Audiences (IDEA)