Subject: Re: cc1 signal 10...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/1997 13:19:02
Peter Seebach wrote:

> Someone kindly sent me a working cc1 binary, but I'm a bit nervous
> about builds...
>
> Is anyone on 68k ports seeing this?  Has anyone seen a known,
> reliable fix?
>
> Symptoms:  cc1 gets signal 10 on many source files.
>
> -s

So do I on i386 - I haven't been around for a while so the sup changed
a reasonable amount. I sit here typing make, waiting for the signal
10, then type make again. Last time this happened a few months ago,
once I had been through the compile once, make build then worked on
its own and did a clean build. (FWIW I kept getting spurious internal
compiler errors in gnu/usr.bin/groff and had to compile a subdirectory
at a time) My guess is that in the last build changes were made to the
compiler and might have got stuck half way through my first make
build...

Patrick