Subject: Re: "cannot lock mailbox"...
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1997 07:20:14
On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:18:46 -0500 (CDT)  Scott Reynolds wrote:

> > They reset their $MAIL variable, as I said.
>
> You're missing my point.  Once more, from the top:
>
> Third party mail packages may or may not support this.

If they don't support $MAIL or an equivalent there is a real quality
of implementation problem IMHO.

Those of us who have switched to qmail (or otherwise chosen home
directory delivery) have already faced this issue. I have not yet even
heard of Unix MUA that did not understand mbox format located via
$MAIL or similar (MH wants $MAILDROP, but MH is wierd).

This is not conclusive; proving a negative is hard.

Giles