Subject: Re: Stair-step telnet
To: C Kane <ckane@best.com>
From: None <carrel@ipsec.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/1997 10:16:00
The HPUX system doesn't properly negotiate LINEMODE.  Either run telnetd on
the NetBSD system with the -k flag or create a second port for telnetd with
the -k.  I personally leave the normal telnetd alone.  Then in
/etc/services I have:

kltelnet        169/tcp                   # DAVE - hack for stupid telnets

And in /etc/inetd.conf I have:

kltelnet    stream  tcp   nowait  root   /usr/libexec/telnetd telnetd -k

Then on braindamaged systems where I wish to telnet to NetBSD systems, I
telnet to port 169.

	telnet netbsd-host 169

Better yet, replace HPUX on the hp with NetBSD!!!

Dave