Subject: more SCSI preference questions...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/20/1997 11:20:27
I've noticed that the current SCSI tape driver doesn't utilize the
DEVICE CAPABILITIES page to enable/disable compression. This is
pretty much needed these days. I think I'd like to start using this.
The use of density codes is very much getting to be deprecated.

The question I have is whether or not we should blow a bit in the minor
device to get compression AND/OR have a mtio ioctl to enable/disable
compression.

Along the same lines, since I have the hood open on the Solaris tape
driver doing this as well, what're folks' desires for BLOCK LOCATE
features for this tape driver and would separate ioctls for hardware
vs. scsi logical block locate be desirable?

Let's see.... anything else? Not for the moment....