Subject: Re: AMD and -current ???
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, dillema@huygens.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/1997 14:07:55
 > [ dillema@acm.org ]
 >
 > I tried using AMD for the first time a few weeks ago
 > Now AMD only works for me when all machines (i.e. remote
 > directories) are reachable. If not, upon access of that directory amd
 > core-dumps are seems to freeze; amq gives something like `portmapper
 > not responding' or so.

Sorry, you picked a bad time to start with amd(8).

It's just plain broken in -current. Really bad things happen if the
name resolves but the host is down or unreachable.

Actually, this is a serious bug in am-utils-6.0a8 that affects all
systems, not just NetBSD.  Erez Zadok told me that he has fixed this in
am-utils-6.0a10, which wasn't released at the time he said that.
Ross Harvey	Avalon Computer Systems, Inc.		  ross@teraflop.com
		Santa Barbara	 		    http://www.teraflop.com