Subject: Re: tail argument(s) continue, thousands homeless
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/1997 16:55:22
haszlaki@UAccess.NET (Eric Haszlakiewicz) writes:

>> `cat -f File1 File2 File3 File4' means "what the hell are you talking about?"
>        exactly the same thing tail +0f File1 File2 File3 File4 means.

Did you actually try that?  tail complains:
	tail: -f option only appropriate for a single file

>        because it makes sense [for cat] to have a -f option and it's intuitive.

It is?  Then why don't you tell us the excat semantics?  I, for one, can't
think of semantics that are intuitive or orthogonal to the current behaviour
of cat.

--
Christoph Badura

Now available in print: Lion's Commentary on UNIX 6th Edition, with Source Code
			http://www.peer-to-peer.com/