Subject: ipfilter
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@Mentasm.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/1997 21:06:47
What has to be comfigured in the kernel for ipfilter to work? I am
specifically interested in ipnap. BPF? GATEWAY?

I have a kernel setup with both ipfilter options in the kernel, BPF on, =
and
GATEWAY off. I have a simple rule file that I got from a friend, that al=
so
matches a sample rule file that comes with the ipnat distribution. When =
I load
"ipnat -f /etc/ipnat.conf", it seems to do nothing. I cannot ping any RE=
AL IP
from an intranet machine.

-- Mark.

-*
Mark R. Buechler, Mentasm System Administrator
Mentasm Network Information Services (http://www.Mentasm.com)
System Administrator, The NET Group, Inc. (http://www.TheNETGroup.com)
System Administrator, Pecker(Feather).net Email Services
(http://www.Pecker.net) - Soon!
*-