Subject: Re: chicken/egg thing worked out (maybe?)
To: None <mikel@shore.net>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/1997 15:19:31
Mike Long wrote:

> >Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:19:08 -0400 (EDT)
> >From: codewarrior@daemon.org (Andrew Brown)
> >
> >what are the lines tagged with "?" for?
>
> Those are files that CVS finds in the checkout area but has been told
> to ignore, IIRC.

  Actually, files ignored via .cvsignore or -I etc. never show
up at all.  The '?' means `this is a file that I know nothing about.'
For my CVS-based projects, files marked with '?' usually are an
editor swap file, and on -current it was the CTM status files.
Of course, a new source file that hasn't been cvs-add'd to the
repository will show up as '?' also!

  Brian
--
Brian Grayson (bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu)
Graduate Student, Electrical and Computer Engineering