Subject: Re: "plip' interface
To: Helen Y. Gore <hygore@netcom.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/1997 09:11:15
[ me queriying about plip support years ago ]

Martin Schaaf asked:
> Has anything come from this?

Yes, I'm using it right now. I ported Matthias Pfaller's pc532 version
to the i386, and we did some work on it recently to get it working with
-current.

It works for me between on desktop machine and my notebook, it doesn't
work at all between another desktop machine and the same notebook (all
running -current/i386), it works for Matthias between a pc532-current
and an i386, and it worked for me several times between the notebook
and a Linux system. So, it's not realy rock solid, but it works - kind
of. We'll package it up and make it available, stay tuned.

Martin