Subject: Re: ffs question
To: Alan Barrett , Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
From: Trouble Free RecepPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/1997 00:48:32
Alan Barrett sez:
/*
 * > Finally, I was thinking a -f flag to cat (cat -f <=> tail -f) would be
 * > useful.  comments?
 *
 * I routinely use "tail +0f". In new syntax, that would be "tail -f -n +0".
 * People who can remember that tail starts counting at 1 rather than at 0
 * might prefer "tail +1f" or "tail -f -n +1".
 *
 * I don't see any need to add another option to cat for this.
 *
 * --apb (Alan Barrett)
 *
 *
 */

I don't see any reason to have changed the arg syntax to tail, either.

Alan Barrett sez:
/*
 * > Finally, I was thinking a -f flag to cat (cat -f <=> tail -f) would be
 * > useful.  comments?
 *
 * I routinely use "tail +0f". In new syntax, that would be "tail -f -n +0".
 * People who can remember that tail starts counting at 1 rather than at 0
 * might prefer "tail +1f" or "tail -f -n +1".
 *
 * I don't see any need to add another option to cat for this.
 *
 * --apb (Alan Barrett)
 *
 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
System V Release 4 /MIS tem FIVE re LEES FORE/ n. 1.  An operating system so
hideously huge, bloated and driven by marketing rather than performance or