Subject: Re: Re-supping EVERYTHING?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1997 22:21:52
On Aug 14,  9:24am, Rick Byers wrote:
>Hmmm.  It didn't used to do that.  I use sup to just get the changed files
>and them import them into my own local CVS tree (so I can keep things like
>your ATAPI patches <grin>).  If it gets all files that aren't on the disk,
>the man page needs to be updated.  I'll go snooping through the source
>when I get home.

I prune out kernel sources for architectures other that the one I run (to
conserve disk space) and usually (even now) only get changed files.  There
have been a couple of times in the past month or so where sup has fetched/
updated all files -- once when a chmod -R was run on the tree, and when
the failing disk on the server was replaced...

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Life is like an onion: you peel off layer after layer, then you find
there is nothing in it.