Subject: Re: Re-supping EVERYTHING?
To: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1997 09:24:27
On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Manuel BOUYER wrote:

> On Aug 13, Rick Byers wrote
> > I supped on July 29/97, and today I just ran sup again.  The problem is
> > that it appears to be re-getting everything...  The when.* files all have
> > the appropriate date, and I'm not using the '-o' option.  I am supping
> > into an empty directory,
>
> I think that is the problem. From what I've seen, sup refetch all files
> which are not on the local disk.

Hmmm.  It didn't used to do that.  I use sup to just get the changed files
and them import them into my own local CVS tree (so I can keep things like
your ATAPI patches <grin>).  If it gets all files that aren't on the disk,
the man page needs to be updated.  I'll go snooping through the source
when I get home.

Thanks,
	Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/