Subject: Re: What is a snapshot?
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@netbsd.warped.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1997 22:27:18
[ Jonathan suggesting going to elf instead of porting our shared lib
  stuff tu -current binutils ]

Scott Ellis wrote:

> Yes, this seems like the best route to go.  There have been numerous
> rumblings in the past about moving to ELF, and it seems like we could
> kill two birds with one stone (satisfy the ELF-advocates, and the
> need to make cross-compiling substantially easier).

I don't see any good in changing to elf by itself. There are unresolved
issues (remember the "how to tell linux elf from svr4 elf" problems)
and no clear benefit besides the probability of a working cross-compilation
system increasing a by a not yet known percentage. So I guess this very
much depends...

Martin