Subject: Several things...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <James.Graham@Schwab.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/1997 11:16:07
The most bizarre stuff happened to me lately.

[sparc]:
I rebuilt a modified kernel from source and the keyboard locked up
again.
The GENERIC kernel and snapshot provided me by Erik Fair (_THANK_ you!)
worked
fine, so I copied conf/GENERIC to conf/STARWOLF and commented out
RASTERCONSOLE
(it sucks on a cgsix once you know the prom trick), and this one, too,
worked like
a charm.  Went back, redid STARWOLF to be customized (nailed devices
down, etc),
rebuilt and (save for a few unreferenced symbols in .o files which I
removed and
rebuilt) it compiled cleanly and runs like clockwork.

How bizarre.  Go figure.

On another tangent:  Can someone point me to the source code for xpaint
2.4.{latest}?
I keep finding references to xpaint version 2.4.7, but I can't find
source for it.

It's not licensed, is it?