Subject: Re: Hmmmm no quake sounds :-(
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/1997 11:54:46
In message <199708070751.JAA27007@animal.cs.chalmers.se>you wrote:

>> Could someone please send me their fix for the "repeating sound loop"
>> problem on the '386...
>>
>> [It's playing the first 8k vveeerrryyy ssslllooowwwlllyyy overandoverand
>> overandover...]
>Well, if you supply some more details maybe I can help.  It works
>fine for me.

I might have some additional info on this. NetBSD-current on my 486 shows
this audio-behaviour:

After the first access to /dev/audio or /dev/sound the device becomes inaccessable
with the message : Device busy... The mixer device does not have this problem.
e.g.:

audioctl -a
<blah blah>
<correct info>
<...>

audioctl -a
Cannot open device: device busy (or somthing similar)

cat test.au >/dev/audio, just returns immediately the first time... Producing
no sound at all...

The 486 is equipped with a gusmax sound board.

If more info is needed, tests or traces or such, mail me and I'll do my best...

Feico.