Subject: Qlogic 2100 FC-AL Controller Testing, Anyone?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/1997 19:55:28
I've just finished a final rough cut of getting  the current
ISP Qlogic SCSI driver to understand and deal with the Qlogic 2100
FC-AL (copper Fibre Channel) card.

So far, I've only had a test harness to test one disk in. Does anyone
else out there have a similar (or better yet a real FC-AL copper
loop) setup and would be willing to do a little alpha testing?
I'd like to get a bit more testing before I commit the changes
(which are about middling substantial- also includes some other
regular Qlogic changes as well...).

It's kinda kinky seeing a scsibus come up and advertise itself as
having 126 targets- not that I've been able to really validate it,
though... The performance is pretty darned good- on my Alpha PC164
with the single Seagate Barracuda I'm getting about 10MB/s in the
filesystem for sequential large writes and I can also get about
1300 xfers/second for 8KB sequentials for this one disk- not too
shabby....

Any takers?