Subject: Re: Recent changes to getnetbyname() causes route to fail
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/1997 09:26:08
> So, I didn't make any changes, and now /etc/netstart hangs when trying to
> `route add <myhost> localhost' and `route add default ...'

Yes.  I noticed this too.  Route seems to be trying to query the nameserver
first despite a "lookup files bind" line in resolv.conf, and since the
nameserver hasn't been started at this point it hangs.  I was planning on
checking out the source code when I got into work tomorrow...

> For now, I've had to comment out the two calls to route so that it won't
> hang, and I manually add the necessary route information.
>
> Any other suggestions?

I changed the line so that both the hostname and localhost parts were specified
numerically, and that seemed to fix it.

Duncan