Subject: Re: Recent changes to getnetbyname() causes route to fail
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1997 20:40:27
Yep - but just to make sure, I've gone and deleted all of my sup control
files and resupped, and now I'm rebuilding the world once again.  I'll let
y'all know in a day or two if it fixes the problem.  :)

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Duncan McEwan wrote:
>
> > > So, I didn't make any changes, and now /etc/netstart hangs when trying to
> > > `route add <myhost> localhost' and `route add default ...'
> >
> > Yes.  I noticed this too.  Route seems to be trying to query the nameserver
> > first despite a "lookup files bind" line in resolv.conf, and since the
> > nameserver hasn't been started at this point it hangs.
>
> Did you (both) make sure your includes were up to date and recompile and
> install a new libc?  Perhaps so, but it wasn't clear to me from what I
> read.
>
> --scott

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |