Subject: Re: csh build revisited...
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1997 03:34:30
On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> Have the problems that turned up when this was commited to the tree earlier
> this summer been resolved?

In a word, no. The `problem' is that it doesn't provide full and
transparent backward compatability. I'm not willing to make it do
so because the build system is enough of a nightmare of conflicting
semantics and monsterous code as it stands.

Once 1.3 is released, I'm going to start making suggestions that
will remove a lot of the crap that's currently there. If we can
find some agreement on those, there then perhaps we can clean things
up and move forward a bit.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'