Subject: Re: csh build revisited...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/1997 13:29:01

> Okay, how about this...
>
> I have done a "make build", which failed at csh.  I tried making cleandir
> in bin/csh; the rules are installed early on in make build.  So are
> includes.
>
> So... What stale files are there?  What have I missed?  I'm currently seeing
> if a new make is any smarter, but I'm not particularly expecting success.
>
> -s

I wasn't able to get a clean build with *any* invocation of make.  I
ended up trashing the whole csh directory, and running sup with '-o' to
check all files.  Works now.  My sparc never had this problem, only
the i386.  I haven't tracked -current continuously on the sparc, only
the last month or so.  So whatever "stale" files there were, make didn't
have a clue on how to remove them.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.