Subject: Re: Your Water
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/1997 08:54:14
Being a sendmail weenie, I couldn't figure out where it came from except
for 1stfamily.com. Can anyone enlighten me on how you poke around and
figure this all out? I'm going through my logs and I'll check out the
usual spam pages, but I'd appreciate any help.

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Ted Lemon wrote:

> Hm.   It looks like what actually happened is that the outgoing To:
> just said ``KAT''.   Homeworld didn't rewrite it, so it came into our
> mailers as KAT, and our mailers, at least for some of us, tacked on
> our domain name.   So I saw mail from KAT@fugue.com, and other people
> saw mail from KAT at their domains.   The spammer is Keith A. Terry,
> and his phone number is (330) 645-6316.   When I called him, he
> admitted to sending the spam and was completely unrepentant, in spite
> of the fact that his phone has been ringing off the hook all morning.
> I suspect he could use a *lot* more telephone calls.

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@fls.portland.or.us - Fuji Landscape Service
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte