Subject: RE: Water Spam
To: 'current-users@NetBSD.ORG' <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jung, Michael <mikej@finall.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/1997 11:21:31
I just happen to be on this mail list and have access to thepoint.net.
Looking
at the sendmail logs on 198.6.9.2 (mercury.thepoint.net) the spam
originated from a user on AOL.  ThePoint has contacted AOL and
AOL is researching the mail logs so as to terminate this user.

Additionally ThePoint is working on adding filters to sendmail so to
only
allow mail to be accepted for domains it serves.

More spent bandwidth here but I wanted to let everyone know it is being
addressed.

--mikej
Michael Jung (MJ548)
mikej@thepoint.net