Subject: Re: Water Spam
To: Minoru Oikawa <mino@bb.imagica.co.jp>
From: Shawn Steven Holwegner <shawn@hagan.reno.nv.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/1997 00:26:33
On Thu, Jul 31, 1997 at 04:12:03PM +0900, Minoru Oikawa wrote:
>  Hi, I am postmaster@imagica.co.jp.
>
>  Who are you? > KAT@imagica.co.jP

Just realized after my post.. this person is not having their domain
correctly set, and thus is resolving to the boxen who handle it at the end
mail gateway (I must assume), as my mail is handled throgh the
heather.greatbasin.com as stated above (I keep forgetting that they hold
my MX record, if it showed up at the hagan addreess, I would have been so
arrogant in my assumptions in the last post - welll, ok I would have, but
tried to intellectualize it to the point where I am now ;)) , and I'm
sure everyone is getting their host name (or the name of their mail server
for POP accounts). Cute. Left a respond to... hmm, have to verify if this
is indeed the sender, and in the case of sending 'broken' mail, notifying
their isp/connect about the means of the transaction.

- Shawn

--
Cheers,
Shawn