Subject: Re: ite0 _still_ not configured
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1997 19:49:00
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Dave Huang wrote:

> I've noticed this too, on my 660av using internal video. I think the
> problem is that in itematch():
>
>         pa = pmap_extract(pmap_kernel(), (vm_offset_t)(gm->fbbase + gm->fboff));
>
>         return (pa == (vm_offset_t)m68k_trunc_page(mac68k_vidphys));

Actually, I think this is best expressed by the following change that's in
my tree:

	return (m68k_trunc_page(pa) == m68k_trunc_page(mac68k_vidphys));

I made a mistake when I interpreted the comment for pmap_extract() by not
looking at the code!  I had assumed that the return value was
page-aligned, but it's obviously not.  `Oops.'

If anyone is interested in testing my changes, please contact me
privately.  (This more or less assumes you can compile a -current kernel,
as I don't have the resources to compile many custom configurations.)

--scott